Although many of us may feel healthy most of the time and not experience any symptoms, the reality is that we are all prone to developing certain illnesses without even knowing it. For this reason, having an annual physical exam can be a decision that could save your life.
This type of exam is an important tool that we can use to our advantage for the prevention, diagnosis, and early treatment of many illnesses which, if left untreated, can worsen and cause serious damage to our bodies.
Below, we will tell you the five reasons why it is important to have an annual physical exam and how this simple measure can have a significant impact on our health and well-being in the long term.
Remember that if you are looking for an appropriate place to have a health checkup, at Formé we have the most qualified medical team to provide you with an accurate diagnosis. Call us now at 914-723-4900 or schedule an appointment with us to get that physical exam that will guarantee you a healthy life.
What is an annual physical exam?
When it comes to this topic, one of the main questions patients often have is what is an annual physical exam? If this is your case, we will explain it to you here.
An annual physical exam is a complete medical evaluation that is performed regularly to assess a person’s overall health. During this exam, a doctor or healthcare professional will perform a series of tests and evaluations to detect any health problems that may be present in your body, and that may not be showing symptoms.
The annual physical exam may include a review of the patient’s medical and family history, a review of the medications they are currently taking, an evaluation of their lifestyle and dietary habits, and a physical evaluation that may include measuring blood pressure, the proper functioning of the heart and lungs, reflexes, skin and hair examination, and even abdominal and pelvic examination in the case of women.
The main goal of an annual physical exam will always be to help you detect any inconvenience early on before it becomes something more serious and difficult to treat.
Why is it important to have an annual physical exam?
There are many reasons why it is extremely important to undergo an annual physical exam, starting with the opportunity to ensure a positive state of health that allows you to live a calm and safe life.
Below, we will tell you the five reasons why you should have an annual physical exam:
- Early detection of illnesses: An annual physical exam can help you detect illnesses in the early stages, which increases the chances of successful treatment. Many illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and sexually transmitted diseases do not present symptoms in the early stages, so an annual physical exam can help you detect them before they become a serious problem.
- Disease prevention: Undergoing an annual physical exam can also help prevent diseases by identifying early risk factors and implementing lifestyle changes and treatment. For example, if high blood pressure is detected, changes in diet, exercise, and medication can be recommended to prevent cardiovascular diseases. That’s why an annual physical exam can save your life!
- Keeping an updated medical history: These annual checkups are also a good opportunity to update your medical and general health history. This can help doctors keep track of your health status over time and make sure you are receiving the proper and personalized medical attention to ensure your well-being.
- Assessing your physical ability: An annual physical exam is undoubtedly a tool that allows you to evaluate your physical status and fitness to perform certain physical activities. Tests of endurance, flexibility, and strength can be performed to identify any physical problems and provide recommendations for improving health and fitness.
- To provide peace of mind. Finally, by getting an annual physical examination, you can develop greater peace of mind, since knowing that you have ruled out possible health problems can help reduce anxiety and stress related to your physical condition.
Schedule an appointment at Formé for your annual physical exam.
If you feel that you are at risk of developing any type of disease due to family inheritance, have previous conditions, or simply want to rule out any damage to your body, don’t wait any longer! Take action today and get your annual physical exam at Formé to ensure your health.
Call now at 914-723-4900, or schedule an appointment so that our specialized medical team can help you carry out your annual check-up, and thus you can have the peace of mind of living a full and healthy life.